About World Education Group
World Education Group’s mission is to utilize US university capabilities to meet the educational needs of students, faculty and administrators around the world.
Founded in 2007 by Dr. Richard W. Ferrin, a former college and university president with 30 years’ experience in US higher education, WEgroup is committed to ethics and excellence in its dealings with students and educators around the world. WEgroup is a member of the following organizations:
- The American International Recruitment Council. WEgroup is a founding agency member of this new organization and earned its certification in December 2009. We are the first and largest US agency to be so certified. AIRC is a non-profit institution, founded in 2008 to set ethical standards and best practices for international student recruitment.
- International Consultants for Education and Fairs. ICEF is one of the most prominent professional international education associations in the world. WEgroup is officially an ICEF-recognized agent.
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators. NAFSA sets best- practice standards, provides training and networking opportunities for international educators, and advocates for the support and growth of international education.
WEgroup works with many partner agencies overseas and encourages all prospective students to verify the legitimacy of any educational consultant they work with. We are happy to answer questions for any student who is working with one of our overseas partners. Upon request, WEgroup will also provide letters of authority and contact information for the admissions office of any of our 45+ partner universities.
WEgroup is certified by the American International Recruitment Council, which establishes ethical standards and best practices for student recruitment. We are also a founding agency member. For more information about WEgroup’s credentials, copies of our official authorization letters from partner universities are available upon request. World Education Group has been awarded Recertification by the American International Recruitment Council (AIRC) for the period 10 years through 2024. To achieve AIRC Certification, an agency has successfully undergone a rigorous self-evaluation and external review process based on the AIRC Certification Standards which, in turn, evaluate the agency’s business practices, and the effectiveness of the services rendered in recruiting qualified students to accredited educational institutions in the United States of America.
AIRC welcomes comments regarding any of their certified agencies that address concerns, support, or complaints. Comments regarding WEgroup and the American International Recruitment Council can be made here.
WEgroup charges only a one-time, non-refundable registration fee of $150 to cover the administrative costs of processing your application(s) for up to 2 universities, including payment of application fees, shipping of documents to the university, as well as shipping of I20/acceptance packets to the students in their home country. We do not charge any other fee to students for our services, although some of our in-country agency partners may do so. WEgroup requires all of its sub-agents to clearly state their service fees and strictly prohibits them from charging any fees related to student scholarships or financial aid. Please contact us to report any violations of this policy.
WEgroup works with partner agencies all over the world to help students prepare their university applications. Click here to see a current list of our official partner agencies.
WEgroup in the News
- WEgroup Vice President Chaney Kourouniotis quoted by Voice of America (China) for an article on student recruitment in the US
- WEgroup CEO Richard Ferrin quoted in Inside Higher Education’s article From Taboo to Hot Topic, about the use of recruiting agents in the US
- Dr. Ferrin quoted in WENR’s feature article for March 2010, The Use of Recruiting Agents in the United States
- WEgroup partners with NDNU, its first California institution
- The Chronicle of Higher Education reports on AIRC certification announcements at the first annual AIRC conference in Coconut Grove, Florida